Since the time Audrey Hepburn starred in Breakfast at Tiffany’s, a beautiful gown, glittering diamond jewelry, and high strappy heels have become every woman’s dream. LBDs or long black dresses hardly ever go wrong. However, whether to buy coloured diamonds or white ones for your LBD is a difficult choice indeed!
Black dresses are a given in every woman’s closet. But jewelry can be a tougher choice. Let us look at these iconic celebrities who pulled off the perfect black gown-shiny diamonds red carpet look!
- Julia Roberts won the Oscars for her movie Erin Brockovich in 2001. She accepted her Oscar in a beautiful black velvet gown. It was paired with simple white diamond earrings and a diamond bracelet. If your dress itself has a sheen to it like Julia’s, going for understated jewelry is better.
New World diamonds have the perfect white diamond jewelry that will compliment your black gown. Their Rosemary earrings with the Abbey Bangle are exactly what you are looking for. There are also lab-created coloured diamonds that are complementary to your black gown!
- Beyonce paired her black gown with a huge chunky diamond earring and bracelet for the 2005 Oscars. She skipped on the necklace because, well, the goal is to stand out, not blind people!
The Charlotte Bracelet by New World Diamonds is a basic yet stunning 3-strand diamond bracelet. Partner it with Theresa Earrings and shine through the night!
- Actress Penelope Cruz stunned everyone at the 2008 SAG Awards in her halter neck black mermaid gown. Instead of sticking to the predictable white diamonds, she adorned small pink diamond earrings and kept it all chic and sophisticated.
You could also opt for an elegant pink diamond engagement ring, if you have one, to go with the earrings.
- Charlize Theron carried her 2014 Oscars black gown with unmatched grace and elegance. With her hair styled into a chic and sleek bun, she wore dainty white diamond earrings and a statement white diamond necklace. Trust us when we say that necklace turned heads!
The Rayna Necklace by New World Diamond has that high impact effect on anybody who looks at it!
- Olivia Wilde also made an impression during the 2014 Oscars with her simple black gown and chunky diamond jewelry. What stood out were the huge black diamond finger ring and the black diamond bracelet paired with simple white ones.
New World Diamonds offer a range of black and other colored diamonds, and you can choose your own settings! You should definitely buy coloured diamonds for some fun.
These are an inspiration for you to choose the perfect lab-grown diamond jewelry with your black gown. Remember, a simpler dress means statement jewelry, and a heavy dress calls for simpler and sophisticated pieces!