Colored diamonds are ruling over everyone’s heart for quite some time now and why not? They are these fancy, gorgeous gems that are mesmerizing enough to catch anyone’s attention. Fancy-colored diamonds are unlike white diamonds. They are vibrantly colored because of natural processes or laboratory processes. These diamonds are pretty rare and expensive if compared with white diamonds. Hence, it is very important to take good care of them. For instance, if you have a colored lab-grown diamond chain or colored lab-grown diamond eternity ring, there are certain tips to clean them.
So today, we will be talking about cleaning hacks and tips for your precious colored diamonds.
The following are a few simple steps to clean a colored diamond at home:
- Always make sure to clean your diamond with bare hands so that you come to know the damage if there is any.
- Be certain to check your diamond to see if its setting is loose. This will avoid accidentally damaging the stones while cleaning.
- If you notice any loosened mounting, take your diamond to a jewelry store before cleaning it.
- If it is a colored lab-grown diamond chain, make sure to get rid of any excess dirt or hair stuck in it if any.
- Prepare a solution containing hot water and dishwasher soap without adding any detergent.
- Put the colored diamond or jewelry in the solution for about 5-7 minutes.
- Take a soft brush and scrub the diamond with gentle hands until you see a visible difference in color.
- Take a gentle cloth or a flannel to wipe or pat dry the diamond.
- You can also use an ammonia solution instead of lukewarm water. Take 1 part of ammonia with 6 parts of hot water.
- Make sure you don’t use ammonia on mounted diamonds as it will affect the metal and the stone’s settings.
This is how you clean a colored diamond at home. Also, after cleaning them, make sure you store them wrapped in a soft cloth. Remember to store these diamonds separately and not together in a single box to avoid scratches.
Colored diamonds aren’t supposed to be put into ultrasonic cleaners as they are heat-sensitive. These devices also use hot liquids to clean the jewelry which can damage the diamonds even more due to the temperature.
This was a simple guide on how to take utmost care of your colored diamonds and colored diamond jewelry at home. Consider these easy tips and we are sure that your diamonds will shine forever like they’re new. Also, for an amazing lab-grown colored diamond collection, check out New World Diamonds. You can also customize your jewelry the way you want. Pink heart diamonds are quite trendy these days! If you are in Michigan, search for “Lab-grown diamonds Michigan” and you will have a ton of options. Shop exclusively and take care of your stunning diamond collection the right way.